Our Family

Our Family
December 2013

Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!!!!

BOO!!!
 

Did their little ghost feet scare you??  :-)  I can't take the credit for coming up with these. My cousin, Kelly, made them with her kids and I'm all about a craft that's fun and not too difficult so I stole the idea, of course! Thanks Kelly! :-)

Aiden wants to also make sure that I show his "5 Little Pumpkins Sitting on a Gate" so here's that too

Yesterday we took the kids up to watch the Newark Halloween parade. Oh man it was COLD!! But they seemed to enjoy it and it was worth the drive because it ended up being about an hour long.  The down side was that we sat in a shadowy spot, which probably made it feel even colder and no one wanted to throw candy where we were sitting!  That's okay because their was lots of great costumes to look at!
 
 
 
 
 
And the really cool thing is that after the parade is over (for about an hour after) the kids can go down Main Street and trick or treat at all the stores.  Sounds like lots of fun, right?  Total chaos!!  I swear there was at least 50,000 people crammed on Main Street trying to get into all the stores.  I tried to get a picture but it in no way shows the madness because I was able to escape it in the road with Emma!
Aiden had fun going to a couple of stores, but waiting in line for like 15 minutes for one piece of candy didn't seem worth it to him.  Thank God! It was freezing! I didn't even unbundle Emma to go anywhere.  So with Aiden's permission we were able to pack it up and head back home.
Waiting for Daddy and Aiden to come out of a store

What did I get?

Trying to decide if the wait is worth the candy

People, people everywhere!!!
Tonight we're off to my cousin's house to trick or treat with our whole group of kids! Mario and Snow White can't wait!  Here's a preview of their costume (minus Mario's mustache and gloves) because you know I'll have lots more after tomorrow night!


Happy Halloween!!

No comments:

Post a Comment