Our Family

Our Family
December 2013

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Kids Say the Darndest Things...

To fill you in on the back story, Aiden has always said that I (and sometimes Emma) am his girlfriend. Of course I don't tell him that's not really how it goes, I eat it up!! He has mentioned to me a couple of times that Hunter (his cousin and best friend) has told him that I can't be his girlfriend. Gasp! You just hush Hunter!!

Yesterday the kids and I had to go up to my doctor so I could get my flu shot (Aiden really only wanted to come because he thought I might cry. What a nice kid, huh?).  I was backing out of the driveway when Aiden informs me that Hunter, who is 6, told him that he can only have a girlfriend that is hot.  What?!?!  I'm trying not to laugh so I can get more out of him.  What does a 6 and 4 year old know about hot and when the heck does that come up in their conversations?!?!?!  So I just respond with, "Oh really?"  He tells me, "Yes, but you're hot, Mommy, so you can still be my girlfriend. I can still do you, but, Emma is cold so..."  I'm holding the laughter and tell him thank you for saying I'm hot but what about Emma?  I know he was feeling guilty about leaving poor Emma out of the hotness factor so he tells me that it's okay.  He'll just tell Hunter that you can do cold and warm ones too. Hahahaha!

I love that Hunter's standards are for only the hot ones, but Aiden, at 4, will take the hot, warm, and cold ones and all in between! Oh, this conversation made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment