Our Family

Our Family
December 2013

Monday, October 24, 2011

Homecoming 2011

I saw from a friend's post on facebook that my high school was having their homecoming parade Friday night.  I haven't been to one of those in many, many years...if I graduated in '97, that would put me at just a few years outta high school, right?

I thought it sounded like fun, at least something for us to do, so we bundled the kids up and off we went.  I think we parked at least 100 miles from where we needed to sit to watch the parade, at least Aiden thought so, but once we were there, he thought it was well worth it.

Emma didn't seem too impressed and just kind of sat and stared at everything.  Aiden had a blast because you know what happens during parades...people throw you candy!!! He was intimidated at first, as was I, because there were a ton of bigger kids that would have tackled him down to the ground for a dum-dum.  I would rather stop and get him a bag of candy on the way home! Finally, a couple of the parents spoke up to their kids and Aiden started getting braver and dove out there for the candy too.

Waiting for the parade to start

What do you think of the parade, Emma?

Not so impressed with parades

Me and my favorite little man

Emma found something else more interesting
By the time it was over, Aiden had collected 2 footballs and lots of candy! It was the perfect way to spend a Friday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment