Our Family

Our Family
December 2013

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Happy 5th Birthday to my boy!! {Tear}

Dear Aiden,

I cannot believe that you are turning 5 today!! It doesn't seem at all possible! I remember it like it was yesterday sitting in my classroom with my water breaking and you barely letting me get to the hospital on time before you made your arrival.

You came into this world quickly and still have that personality to this day.  If you want to do something, you are determined to do it that minute and don't want to hear us tell you any different!  You are very independent and very head strong!!  I sometimes forget just how big you've gotten and that you don't need my help as much.  You are quick to remind me that you can do it yourself now.  I hope that as you get even bigger, you'll just allow me to pretend that you need me sometimes here and there. :-)  The other day we were counting down until how many days were until your birthday and I made a sad face when I answered 5 or 7.  You turned around and looked at me and said, "What? You don't want me to turn 5? You want me to stay 4 forever?"  I told you that I did. That I want you to stay little forever.  You just turned around, back to your cartoon and said, "Well, I can't stay 4 forever, I have to grow up."  Later you did add that you wish you could stay 4 too.  I know you have to grow up, but I really just wish you didn't have to do it so fast!!

You are still big time into Mario and just about everything you play leads somehow into Mario.  You also love building guns out of your blocks and fight the zombies with them.  You just finished playing your second season of soccer.  It's still really hard for you to come out of your shell when people you don't know very well are around.  For that reason, you told us that when it's over you'll never play again. :-) But you were so cute trying!

You are the best big brother to Emma and you'll do just about anything she wants you to.  At times you two do get into it because you are both quite stubborn and you know exactly what buttons to push, but I love watching the two of you play together when you're both being nice.


5 years...shew...it almost brings me to tears of how fast it's going! I hope you have a wonderful birthday! I love you, Bubby!

Love,
Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment