Our Family

Our Family
December 2013

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The End of a Soccer Career

Two Saturday's ago was Aiden's last soccer game of the season.  To be honest, he has been counting down to that day.  He really likes soccer and is pretty good at it, however, that's when we're home playing here.  Out there on the field, with a team?  He hates it.  He hates the fact that people are watching him. Even if no one but us is really paying attention to him, he feels like they are watching him and that makes him stay as far away from the ball as possible.

He told me that after this game, he is done soccer forever.  I told him I'll be sad to not watch him play anymore, but I don't want him to do it if it makes him that uncomfortable so I guess Aiden will be hanging up his cleats.  I'll, of course, ask him if he wants to play again when it's time to sign up for fall season, but I'm not keeping my fingers crossed.  Emma seems to like it so maybe she'll play in the little, little tikes league when she can.

Here are some pictures from Aiden's last game.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Team huddle after the game...Aiden wants his patch!
Aiden getting his last patch of the season
We may not have won many games this season, but Aiden got his snacks and patches and that's all that mattered to him! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment