Our Family

Our Family
December 2013

Friday, June 8, 2012

Baby #3 - 32 Weeks/Appt Info

Tuesday morning, bright and early at 7:20, I had my latest prenatal appointment.  I scheduled it so early because the last time I was in and out by 8 and this time I had to stop off at Walmart to get all the food and supplies we need for Aiden's birthday party this weekend.  That was my plan, but my children like to change plans and be difficult.

Everything was measuring fine and my blood pressure was great! Actually lower than it usually is because mine can get higher toward the end of my pregnancies.  She went to listen to the heart rate and it was pretty high, like 170.  Normally when I go in it's been in the 140's, 150's.  The baby was moving around so she just said she must have caught him or her in between a rest cycle because they were pretty excited.  She didn't seem alarmed but said she wanted to get a baseline of the heart rate just to be safe so she was gonna hook me up to the NST machine. (Non-stress test, I'm assuming?) Fine by me.  The nurse comes in and says she's gonna hook me up and then it's nap time.  I must have had a look on my face because she tells me that I'm gonna be on it for 20 minutes.  Great! And I didn't even bring my book because last time I was out so fast! Like I said, just like one of ours to foil plans, but timing would still be okay because I'd be done by 8 and still had until 10 before Patrick had to leave for work.

The baby was dance partying USA up in there the whole time I was on the monitor.  I could see my belly just moving in waves because he/she would not stay still.  His/her heart rate came down and was running right around 150, going a little higher or lower here or there.  The nurse even told me that she could hear the baby moving around so much when she'd walk past in the hallway.  I thought she had that machine turned up extra loud. Everyone in the office got to hear this little one being crazy!

Dr. Chou came back in and said, just like she expected they got their baseline and everything was fine, but that she needed the heart rate to spike at least twice to 165 or higher and then come back down before I could be done or she'd have to send me for a biophysical which she didn't want to have to do.  I stayed on the NST machine for a little bit longer and she asked if she could buzz me.  Um, sure? So she took this little massager looking thing and buzz my belly twice. Well that got this baby going and must have scared him or her to death because she got her spikes! The heart rate went up to 165-170 and he/she was squirming all over the place again.  Great! Right? Well then it didn't want to come back down as fast as she wanted so I ended up getting sent to the hospital for an ultrasound afterall, which works for me because I would get an extra peek at this cutie.

I called Patrick to tell him not to stress {Patrick? Not stress? Right....;-)} but this was what was going on.  He said he was gonna call my grandmother to sit with the kids and he'd be up as soon as he could.  He said Mom-mom came flying up like she was on 21 Jumpstreet.  Hahahahaha I can just picture that.  Apparently, he didn't give off the vibe that everything was cool so she was freaking out to get here as fast as she could.  (Good to know for when the real deal happens!)  They did get started before he got there but luckily she was still looking at the baby when he got there so he got to see him or her too.

I had never had a biophysical done and apparently they look for a few different things, like 3 big movements, 3 little flex movements, 30 second duration of lung "breathing", and then measuring the fluid around the baby.  When she was finished we had to wait for them to call the dr and for her to give the okay for us to leave.  About 10 minutes later we were cleared to go home, that everything was fine.  Shew!

If you know our children, this one already acts just like them, hard headed, stubborn, gonna do just what they want to do.

And?  He or she looked perfect! They are head down now and I got to see that perfect little face, moving his or her lips in and out.  Sigh...  Makes me so excited to meet them, but not for at least several more weeks!

How Far Along: 32 weeks

Total Weight Gain: + 26 Yup, I'm about done with this again...

Sleep: I'm getting to the point where I'm tired again.  I even had to take a nap the other day when Emma did. These last few weeks might be tough!

Best Moment This Week:  Seeing baby boy or girl and knowing he/she is okay and head down now!

Movement: Oh yes! I swear that sometimes he/she is trying to claw or kick their way out!

Gender:  We'll find out in July/August!

Labor Signs: Getting some braxton hicks every once and again.

Belly Button: Still in, but starting to flatten out

Cravings: Fatness. Always.

Wedding Rings On or Off: On

What I Miss:  Being able to do things without getting worn out so quickly

What I am Looking Forward to:  Aiden's party tomorrow

How Big is Baby:  About 16.7 inches and about 3.75 lbs

Next Appt: Doctor Visit - June 19th

No comments:

Post a Comment