Our Family

Our Family
December 2013

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Aiden's Oops!!

{I swear it didn't even cross my mind earlier to write about this, but when I told Patrick about it he said I had to write it down and since this is where I'm writing things down nowadays, this is where it is.  I hope we can afford a good therapist later on! :-)}

Monday morning I was half awake, half asleep when I heard Aiden come into our bedroom.  Patrick had to leave super early because he had a meeting in PA. Now usually, Aiden will come in at the buttcrack of dawn, but he only wants Patrick to get up with him, he wants nothing to do with me.  Fine by me!! Since Patrick was gone I knew he was going to be bugging me at any minute.  To my surprise he didn't, instead I heard him leave my room and head over to the playroom.

About 2 minutes later I hear him hauling ass into my bathroom, followed by the sound of pee, lots and lots of pee just puddling all over my bathroom rug and floor.  NO!!! I jump up letting him know that I am, in fact, fully awake! There he was pants down facing the toilet, pee going everywhere. When he saw me jump up, with I can only imagine the look on my face, he immediately got a panicked look on his face and told me, "I'm trying to make them stop! I can't make it stop!"

After seeing the terrified "he was going to be in trouble" look on his face, I couldn't help but laugh. Let's face it, we've all been there.  We've tried to hold it in until we can't possibly hold it any longer.  Apparently playing with his trains was way more important than going to the bathroom when he could have made it in time.  So I cleaned it all up and we had a talk about how it's important to go potty as soon as he wakes up in the morning.  I do it, Daddy does it, everybody usually has to go when they get up.

Let's hope that sticks in his brain and he'll make a pit stop in his bathroom before visiting Daddy in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment