Our Family

Our Family
December 2013

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Emma's 15 Months Old

Sweet Emma, yesterday you turned 15 months old! I don't know how we got here so quickly!  We went to the doctor yesterday and you are still terrified of all the doctors and nurses! You're fine in the waiting room and even when we go back to the exam room, but as soon as anyone gets close to you, you lose it and cry and scream! :-(  The thing you still probably like the least is getting on the scale.  I don't know what it is about that thing but you lose your mind when I have to put you on it.  We tried to use the scale that you stand on it to see if that would help, but no luck there so back to the sitting one we went! The doctor said you look perfect, but we already knew that didn't we?!

Here were your 15 month stats:

Height: 30 1/4 in {25th-50th percentile}
Weight: 25 lbs 3 oz {75th percentile}
Your height to weight ratio is >95% :-)

Have I mentioned how much I love babies with rolls?? Oh sweet girl, you have lots of those!

You have 8 teeth, but I think a couple more on the bottom are trying to work their way out.

You are still a picky eater and don't like to try a whole bunch of new things. Lately you don't seem to want to eat if we put you in your high chair.  I think you're trying to tell us that you're just too big for that anymore.  You say a lot of words now (though Daddy & I might be the only ones that can clearly tell what you're saying)! Some of those words are: Mama, Dada, Aiden, doggy, ball, drink, juice, bye, hi, thank you, all done, more, one, two, three, shoes, choo-choo, pretty, Hunter, Ava, baby, sit down, again (gin), and probably lots more that I'm forgetting!

You are so funny and make the best faces! I'm so glad you have a great sense of humor (just like Mommy!)!  You laugh at so many things, even yourself sometimes.  And whenever you hear a group of people clapping you have to stop what you're doing and join in.

I love watching you run all around.  The doctor told me that you might start running soon and I said we're already there! You have to, to keep up with Aiden! You're a great dancer and start dancing whenever you hear a song that you like! You love to read books too! You're favorite is still probably, "Where is my Mommy?", but you're branching out and starting to want us to read you your other books over and over again too.

You are still a GREAT sleeper! You go down to bed around 7:30. Some nights you hang out in your crib talking but usually you cover your head with your blankie and go right to sleep.  You sleep until about 7:30, sometimes later! And you still take one nap a day! I wish I could get as much sleep as you sometimes!

We love you Emma Cheryl! <3<3
15 Months Old
15 Months Old

No comments:

Post a Comment