Our Family

Our Family
December 2013

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Did you feel that???

Yesterday I gave blood for the first time ever.  And I must say it was not nearly as scary as I thought and I didn't even pass out like I was worried about! Yay! After that we ran a few errands and came home to relax on Patrick's day off.

We were sitting around watching Big Brother After Dark, while Aiden played a couple of games on the computer when suddenly I feel myself shaking.  I look at Patrick and can tell by the look on his face that he's feeling the same thing.  I remembered that when we were leaving to give blood I saw the men working on the train track which literally runs about 40 ft or so (I'm horrible at measurements!) in front of our house.  So I think maybe that's what it is.

I look out of the front window and see the truck in the driveway rocking back and forth and then it hit me...EARTHQUAKE!!!!  WHAT?!?!?!  Don't I live in Delaware? That doesn't happen here!!! I turned around and saw the blinds and chandelier swaying back and forth.  Yikes!

What do I do?  I remembered that somewhere I heard stand in the door frame or door way?? Is that right? And is that for a earthquake, tornado, hurricane?? I don't know! I live in Delaware! So I grabbed Aiden and went to a door framed area.  Emma was napping but Patrick and I have a tiny problem with panicking in this scary situation so he ran up and grabbed her and came to where Aiden and I were.  Now what?  I asked Patrick if we should go outside? By this time it was over.  We were quaking for maybe 30-45 seconds or so, but I promise it felt a lot longer.

I now know that I will never be moving to California! My nerves are not cut out for the ground shaking uncontrollably under my feet!!!

I hope everyone in VA (the epicenter of the earthquake) is okay! My thoughts go out to them.

Do you think this is something I could write in the kids baby books? There's got to be a place for "Baby's First Natural Disaster", right?

Let's hope that's an experience I never have again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment