Our Family

Our Family
December 2013

Monday, November 28, 2011

Black Friday Recap

You may remember my post about Black Friday shopping last week.  I was extremely stressed out about possibly not shopping.  Well, I have the most amazing grandmother in the world (for lots of other reasons than this) and she came to my rescue! Even though I'm 90% sure she would rather do anything than drag herself outta bed at 6 am to come over, she did it anyway because she loves us. :-)

It seemed like most people were out at midnight, but we like to stick to the early morning, but not too early.  When we first got to the mall, it was awesome, there were lots of parking spaces and not too many people in the stores, yet we were still able to get all the awesome deals!  Why would anyone want to go at midnight??

After spending lots of hours and money (I still don't know my total because I'm too scared to add it up. Let's just say I was waiting for one of the stores to decline me!) at the mall we had lunch and moved on to Toys R Us. Again, that store wasn't so bad either by the time we got there. After that we hit Kohl's and then Target.

I have to say that after this trip I am just about finished shopping for everyone.  I might need get a couple more things for Patrick and stocking stuffers but I got way more than I probably needed.  Isn't that part of the fun on Black Friday? I was even able to get a few things for myself! :-)

I can't believe how long we were out tearing it up at the stores. I thought we'd be home around 12:30 - 1:00 since we left here at 6:30, but we didn't get home until about 4:00. Wow!!   Then it was off to my Aunt and Uncle's for Thanksgiving leftovers, which is the best after a long day of shopping!

Until next year credit card! I wish I had taken a picture of all our bags in the back of the van.  It was ridiculous!! But, I forgot since we had to cram them all up to the middle to fit Patrick's new ping pong table in the back!

No comments:

Post a Comment