Our Family

Our Family
December 2013

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Having Fun with Goo!

Yesterday, both Aiden and I were bored so I decided to hit the internet to find something we could make together while Emma napped.  I found something called goop.  It had many different recipes to make it, but I needed something that called for what I already had in the house.  I came across one for Goo.

In order to make the Goo you'll need 16 oz cornstarch, 1 1/2 cups water, and food coloring (if you want to make it a color).  Great! And I happened to have all 3 things!

Step 1: Pour the box of cornstarch in a bowl and smile for Mommy!


Step 2: Add 1 1/2 cups of water to the cornstarch

Step 3: If you want your Goo to be a certain color add about 15 drops of food coloring (or if you're Aiden 52 because you get so excited to squeeze the bottle!)


Step 4: Time to get messy and use your hands to mix it all up!


Step 5: Have fun!!!

Aiden didn't want to get his hands dirty at first, but once I got in there and showed him what it would do he thought it was awesome!



It's like a solid, but then also a liquid!  We could make a ball but then just as soon as you stopped patting it, it would "melt" back down.  Aiden had a great time making hills and then screaming, "It's melting!" as it would go back down.
Watching it pour off of his fingers back into the bowl
 


Looks like a puddle, but it's more solid to the touch
 

Trying to get a picture of his hand prints before they melt away
Yes, this was slightly messy, but well worth the fun he had playing with it.  It also turned his hands a light tint of blue, but I'm thinking it's because he used way more food coloring than it called for and they didn't stay colored for long. I played with it too and my hands were fine, maybe because I washed them now and again to snap pictures!

So fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment