Our Family

Our Family
December 2013

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Ugh! Little Ears!

These little things...




Stress. Me. Out!!

Emma has been SUPER fussy the past couple of days (which may or may not be the reason that I consumed a blender of strawberry daiquiri by myself last night!).  She was crying, more like screaming over every. little. thing.  She wanted to be held all the time and I love cuddling, but that's not her, she normally likes to be on the go. She didn't really seem interested in eating and that's just not my girl. We gave it a few days thinking maybe she was teething since she's really been gnawing on any and everything she can.  We did notice a few times her messing with her ear and after the day she had yesterday we figured it was best to take her in just to be sure everything was/is okay.  Sure enough...ear infection.  Poor girl!! :-(

Why is it so hard to tell if that's what's wrong with babies!?!  There needs to be a simpler way to figure this out.  At least the infection have calmed down now that it's super hot out, but over the winter, I swear, I felt like I was calling the doctor every 2 weeks to take one of the two in to be checked for an ear infection.  I wish someone in our family was a doctor. That would be a big help!!

So Emma's got her meds and of course she's not even a little bit interested in taking it.  That was another battle.  Let's hope this medicine starts working quickly so we can have a happy little girl back!

No comments:

Post a Comment