Our Family

Our Family
December 2013

Monday, March 12, 2012

Team Green

I think we have finally decided that this time around we are on team green.  For those of you who have no clue what I mean by that, we're not going to find out the sex/gender of this baby until he or she decides it's time to arrive.

I have gone back and forth with this decision frequently and probably change my mind about once a day.  Our big ultrasound is tomorrow, Tuesday, March 13th so we need to make a final decision and I think this might be it.

I've always thought if we already had one of each, it would be fun to let the third be a surprise.  I mean we already have tons of both boy and girl clothes and the basic baby necessities. Plus I doubt this baby will care much if it's a boy chillin in a pink bouncer for the couple of months they use it.  Patrick originally said he wanted to find out when we could.  Yup, we had a problem, but let's be honest, I do the work to get this baby cooked and out safely so basically I get 2 votes against his 1. :-)

I explained I thought it would be fun since we already have what we need and that I thought it would be fun for him to be able to walk out to the waiting room to announce..."It's a _____!!!" (Okay, so maybe no one will make it in time to sit in the waiting room, but when they come in the room to visit we can tell them.) He still wasn't completely sold. Damn.

I think because he wasn't sure he wanted to wait that I started to waiver on whether I wanted to wait or not.  If I'm talking with people about it I can come up with lots of reasons to figure out: I'll probably bond more with the baby while it's inside my belly, I don't want to have a second of "oh man I was hoping for a ..., or I really don't like yellow, green, orange colored clothing.  In reality, I love this baby already and don't think for a second that I won't bond with him or her before they come out, I think I'll be so excited for whatever as long as everyone is healthy who cares what it is, and I already have lots of boy and girl clothes so I won't really need yellow clothes!  And seriously if clothes is my biggest excuse to find out, that's just dumb.  Though it will be really hard walking past all the adorable, tiny clothes in Target and not pick it up, but my wallet and Patrick will surely appreciate that one!

And after all my going back and forth, Patrick finally thinks that maybe I'm right, maybe we should keep it a surprise.  So I think we have a final decision...we'll know if this little baby is a boy or girl sometime around July 28th.

I can't wait to hear everyone's guesses as we get closer to our due date!

No comments:

Post a Comment