Our Family

Our Family
December 2013

Friday, March 30, 2012

Baby 3 - 22 Weeks

I had my latest OB appointment on Wednesday morning.  She said everything from my ultrasound looked good and that the bloodwork from my second trimester screening (for Down's) came back good as well.  I had the second trimester screening done because I missed the time frame for the first trimester and it's what I had done with Emma so we trusted it.   I asked how the cyst on my ovary looked (remember I was stressing out because Mom had ovarian cancer) and she looked completely confused.  She reponsed with, I saw that they measured your ovaries and I was wondering why.  I guess that's what they were doing.  UH, she was the one that requested them to scan them again to ease my mind! Don't they look at charts to refresh their memories before they come in to see you?!?!  Anyway, I guess I'll take that as good news because if they saw something scary, she would have seen it and would have had to tell me, so everything was good.  


How Far Along: 22 weeks

Total Weight Gain: + 13, quite a jump but I'm hungry damn it!   

Sleep: Sleep is wonderful!

Best Moment This Week:  Hearing that everything looks great from our ultrasound

Movement: Oh yes! I notice it a lot more at night. Probably because I'm not chasing the kids around then.  Still haven't caught it for Patrick to feel it yet.

Gender:  We'll find out in July/August!

Labor Signs: Nope

Belly Button: Inny

Cravings: Sweets and salty, pretty much anything anybody mentions or that I see

Wedding Rings On or Off: On

What I Miss:  Not having heartburn every time I eat a tomato based thing in a meal.  Thank you God for Zantac!

What I am Looking Forward to:  Trying to get ready for our new baby, though this usually stresses me out and I stop thinking about it

How Big is Baby:  About 11 inches (like the size of a spaghetti squash, whatever the heck that is!) and around 1 pound

Next Appt: Doctor Visit - April 24th, I get to do the glucose testing this visit also. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment