Our Family

Our Family
December 2013

Monday, February 27, 2012

Getting Ready for Em's New Bed

With Baby #3 on the way and due this summer, we know it's time to move Emma out of the crib and into her new big girl bed. 

She still loves her crib and hasn't climbed out in awhile,  well except for that time the other day when she was having a meltdown and I put her in there until she could calm down. Then she met me on the steps about 2 seconds later.

I'm not ready for this moment. At all.  To me, it's the last little bit of holding on to her as a baby.  Once she's moved, it's official that she's a big girl!  Plus, I like to sleep and I love the quiet at nap time.  I'm worried when she has the new bed, nap time and sleep will become a battle.  For now, I can just lay her down and she'll talk to herself, sing, and play until she falls asleep, then when she wakes up it's the same thing.  She very rarely cries or yells for us to come get her.  Without being confined I just know she'll be up and down, up and down, and up very in the morning.  Maybe she'll surprise me, she does like to sleep and has always been a great sleeper.  That's what I'm hoping for anyway.

We have my cousin's little girl's bed and I love it! It's a princess bed and it is adorable!!  But I'll be honest, I've been stalling to put it up.  Patrick was ready the day we picked it up. Me?  Nope.  My first thing was that we had to get a blanket big enough to cover her on the bed.  Found one.  So my next excuse was that I wanted to get her a little pillow that would match her room.  It came in the mail the other day. 

Sigh...I'm out of stalling tactics.  I guess Emma will be an official big girl any day.  Stay tuned for more on how it goes!

Here's a couple pictures of her new blankie and pillow:
Aiden likes the blanket too!

 
Trying out her new pillow

No comments:

Post a Comment