Our Family

Our Family
December 2013

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Christmas Tradition: Ornaments

**Yup, I've been slacking/super busy with the kids and I haven't even thought about my blog. But, the reason I have this blog is to keep memories and whatnot as the days seem to go racing by so I better try to get back here and there.  And this post is way old. I wrote it a few weeks before Christmas, I just never got it posted because I was waiting to not be too lazy to put the pictures on the computer.  So...since I wrote it and those pictures are finally here, here is it, even if it's too late!**

Every year we take the kids to a place called Ronnie's Market, "Ronnie's Super Market" if you ask Emma, to look at the Christmas trees and to pick out new ornaments.  I've been going to this place ever since I was a kid.  They have a ton of trees all decorated with different themes and all kinds of Christmas decorations that you could ever need.

When I say that we pick out a new ornament each year, I mean individually. Yes, that means this year we got 6 new ornaments from the store ourselves and then Aiden made some at school and my sister got each of the kids one so total that at a ton of new ornaments for one year! And I thought our tree was already jammed packed! Patrick and I get one, the kids all get one, and this year we had to get an updated family ornament, plus an ornament with a picture of the kids that I absolutely love.  Good thing my grandmother offered us a tree that she wasn't using anymore.  Now that one is up in playroom/Aubrey's room/storage room :-). So the kids have their own tree to decorate.

Here's some pictures from our trip to Ronnie's. (*Patrick looks miserable in some of these.  I swear he was happy to be there, he claims he just didn't know that he was in the picture.)
 
Aiden in front of his favorite tree
 
Emma in front of her favorite tree there
 And here are this year's ornaments we all picked out: 
The picture of the kids I love
My pick this year...I love glittery :)
Patrick's choice
Emma's choice this year was Mickey
And for the 2nd year in a row, Aiden's gone with SpongeBob
Aubrey's 1st Christmas ornament...looks nice in picture but in person, it does not look so good
The updated Forey ornament 
The kids ornaments from Aunt Christy 
I told you that was a lot of ornaments! And? We'll get even more next year! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment