More family traditions:
- Eating an early-ish dinner, putting on our pj's and driving around listening to Christmas music and looking at Christmas lights. I love this! We always did this when I was growing up and it's one of my favorite things to do at Christmas time. This year the kids were really into it. And? Both Emma and Aiden stayed awake the whole time!
|Ready to go look at Christmas lights!|
- Watching Christmas shows/movies: Some of their favorites this year: Frosty, Frosty Returns, SpongeBob's Christmas, The Grinch, The Polar Express (this one was watched no less than 15 times)
|Watching The Polar Express|
- Making Christmas cookies together. Their favorite part is adding the sprinkles/decorations to the sugar cookies. However, they really don't like eating the cookies. Sometimes I wonder if they're even mine! Who makes cookies, but doesn't want to eat them?!
- Making Christmas crafts to display in the house
- Making and sprinkling reindeer food on the front lawn Christmas Eve night so that Santa and the reindeer will be able to find us
And a new tradition that started this year was The Elf on the Shelf. Ours was named Sprinkles and he was a crazy little guy. He got into all sorts of things!! The kids still ask about him often. They can't wait until he can come back again!
I love Christmas time!