Our Family

Our Family
December 2013

Thursday, January 26, 2012

When's my Due Date Anyway??

I went to the OB/GYN on December 1st, the day after I took a pregnancy test and found out #3 is on it's way.  I know when your pregnant they usually don't see you until 8 or 9 weeks or so but I was already schedule for my annual appointment so I just decided to keep the appointment and let her know I was pregnant once I was there. 

Of course I had/have no idea what the date of my last period was.  I had kept track of it for awhile there but then I just sort of forgot in all the madness that goes on each day.  I know it was here in October and I'm betting it was in the 20's. I'm pretty sure it was gone by Halloween so by process of elimination, I guessed it was on or around October 23rd.  She went with it and determined my due date would be July 28th.

I went back January 4th for my first "real" prenatal appointment and she did and ultrasound to determine just how far along I really was.  I was measuring 9 weeks, 5 days.  When counting it out, 40 weeks puts me at August 3rd.  She said she was just going to leave it down as our original July 28th date since really, most babies come whenever they want to anyway.

Now when people ask when I'm due, I don't know what to say!! I feel like I'm cutting myself short if I say July 28th so I've just said, oh July/August, right around the change of the months.

Why does everything need to be difficult!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment