Our Family

Our Family
December 2013

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Killen's Pond Camping Trip

Nope, I haven't had the baby yet and fell off the face of the Earth.  Last week my family, along with 2 of my cousin's and their families went camping for the week and since we've been back I've been lazy. Too lazy to blog.

I know what you may be thinking, someone 36 weeks pregnant camping in 100+ degree temperatures??? Have I lost my mind?? Probably.  The first couple of days weren't too bad and I wasn't too miserable with the heat.  We did a lot of laying around in our new fancy chairs that recline back (can you believe that no one got a picture of me chilling in that very chair that my butt rarely left??) and visited the pool a couple times to help keep us and the kids cool.
 
 
 
 
 
 
On the 4th of July we packed everyone up and headed to Dover to watch the fireworks.  This year we had to try a new spot because my uncle and his wife sold their house which was where we usually went.  We decided on the Blue Hen Mall parking lot and the view was perfect! And the best part was that it didn't take us 2 hours to get back after they were over!
Waiting for the fireworks to start
 
 
Emma was scared at the beginning of the show
The day after the fireworks was when it started to get hot. Extremely hot.  We're talking it felt like 109 and that's no exaggeration.  So I didn't spend a whole lot of time outside.  When Emma napped, I tried to stay inside in the air and the girls spent a bit of time playing games in the camper.  It was just awful.  The poor men tried to act like the heat didn't bother them and hung outside most of the time.  I think they were just crazy!  We did take the kids up to go fishing one day before it got too unbearable to handle...
 
 
 
 
 
 
And here's a picture of my little man hanging out in my favorite spot...
Overall, it was a nice vacation, I just wish it hadn't been so darn hot!! Maybe we should start looking into spring or fall camping instead. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment