Our Family

Our Family
December 2013

Friday, July 20, 2012

Baby #3 - 38 Weeks


This week has been uncomfortable, very much so.  I know it's getting to be a tight fit in there for our little one because I can feel every shift, roll, turn, hiccup, etc.  Those sweet little movements aren't feeling so sweet anymore.  I would swear that sometimes he or she is just gonna pop right through my belly (like Aiden thinks they do anyway). And yesterday I woke up with a constant sciatic nerve pain through my behind, only for them to shift during the afternoon to put a ton of pressure on the lady bits, where now I must take my time and waddle for it not to be too painful.  Pregnancy is wonderful! :-)  But I know this will all be over soon so I'm trying to enjoy every second!

How Far Along: 38 weeks 

Total Weight Gain: + 34 (Now that it's getting close to the end, I'm trying to eat everything I can!)

Sleep: Getting very uncomfortable!

Best Moment This Week:  Going to the doctor and hearing there has been some more progress

Movement: Yes! And it's starting to hurt!

Gender:  We'll find out in a couple of weeks, at most!

Labor Signs: Cramping here and there and pressure at times. At the doctor Tuesday morning I was 2-3 cm dilated.  I saw a different doctor so she said that could be why it was a slightly different measurement but she didn't really see much of a difference with my dilating.  This surprised me, I really thought with the cramping I have had that I'd be more, but I know some women go into labor at nothing so I'll take my 2-3, I just like to get as far as I can before the super pain starts! And she told me that I'm about 40% thinned out now.  At the previous appt I was still pretty long so that was some progress I'll take! :-)

Belly Button: Flattening out...yuck!

Cravings: Cookies and cream ice cream/frozen yogurt...love!

Wedding Rings On or Off: I can't believe these are still on! With both Aiden and Emma they were long gone by now!

What I Miss: Being able to get down and play with the kids without being uncomfortable 

What I am Looking Forward to:  Holding this little one in my arms!

How Big is Baby:  A bit over 19 1/2 inches and about 6.8 lbs (like a leek)
  
Next Appt: Doctor Visit - July 24th and they already scheduled my induction for August 3rd in case they don't wanna come on there own (I'm praying this doesn't have to happen, though it would be convenient to plan for where the kids will be!)


No comments:

Post a Comment