Our Family

Our Family
December 2013

Friday, April 27, 2012

Baby 3 - 26 Weeks!

This week I went to the doctor for regular appointment. Everything looked and sounded great.  I mentioned that I noticed at our ultrasound that the tech had typed in breech a couple of times on some of the pictures she was getting.  She assured me that we still have plenty of time for the baby to flip around and get facing the right direction.  She told me that most babies don't flip until closer to the end of the third trimester.  I realize that might be true, but it still stresses me a little because neither of my other two were ever breech (that I know of anyway).

I also had my glucose testing done.  Thank goodness they had fruit punch, I don't think I would be able to choke the orange stuff down.  And I may have unknowingly sabotaged myself into the 3 hour test for some peace and quiet all by myself.  I wasn't thinking the night before my test and ate a big snickers bar.   Mmmmm. Sadly, if I fail, it might have been worth it! ;-)   


They also scheduled me for my next appointment and I'm already to the point where I have to go bi-weekly!! What?!?! I told the lady that she must be wrong, that I can't be to that point yet! She assured me that I am.  Wow!! Time is flying! I better get my butt in gear!!

How Far Along: 26 weeks

Total Weight Gain: + 17

Sleep: I miss sleeping the whole night.  I'm up because the baby is moving, or Aiden or Emma have come to visit us during the night. (Yes, Em's in the big girl bed now...more on this when I remember to write it!)

Best Moment This Week:  Hearing the baby's heartbeat at the doctor. I just love that little sound.  Oh, and getting my nachos from La Tonaltecha!!!

Movement: All the time!

Gender:  We'll find out in July/August!

Labor Signs: No

Belly Button: Still in but I feel like the bottom part is getting stretched out

Cravings: Mexican and sweets!

Wedding Rings On or Off: On

What I Miss:  Getting comfortable easily

What I am Looking Forward to:  The birthday madness that is about to take place for the next 3 weekends

How Big is Baby:  About 14 inches (like the size of an English hothouse cucumber - whatever that is!) and about a pound and 2/3

Next Appt: Doctor Visit - May 8th

No comments:

Post a Comment