Our Family

Our Family
December 2013

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Where the Family of 4 all Began

Where our life together all began...
Spencer Gifts...That's where Patrick and I met, years ago.

One of the first times we worked together we took our lunch break at the same time because of the Christmas shopping madness. An older lady was with her grandchild in the food court and we heard them make a comment about us being married. Mind you, I think this was the first day we may have met (1998?).  I guess we just gave off those vibes.

After about a year of knowing Patrick, I was talking to my mom about him, which means something because her and I didn't really talk about boys.  I actually told her that I thought I was going to ask him to go to the movies with me, which was perfect timing since the Dover Mall had just opened up it's new theater (1999).  I had gone into work fully anticipating asking him out, and those that know me know that that's just not me! I was working up the nerve to ask him since a group of us were all talking about the new movie theater when he asked me first.  Shew!!  

Our first date was on January 1, 2000. I've gotta say and we both agree...it wasn't the best first date. I apparently had to party like it was 1999 the night before and felt awful the whole next day. Oops!  We went to dinner at TGI Friday's and I could barely eat, then we went to see

  Not. Good.  Some people may have liked it, I, however, did not.  That just goes to show you that you don't have to have a great first date to make things last.  We dated for about 5 years before we got engaged. 
Us right after getting engaged in Atlantic City
On July 15, 2006 we were married in a beautiful ceremony surrounded by our closest family and friends.  Here are some pictures from our special day:
My mom walking me down the aisle
During the ceremony
The new Mr. & Mrs.

Patrick and I with my mom and his dad

I love this picture! I wish I could remember what was so funny!

The Wedding Party

Our Family
Handsome!


It's official!

I told you I love pictures! You have no idea how many more I wanted to add! Maybe in another post. :-)  So here we are almost 5 years married and 2 kids later...

That's how the story of us began.  A big thank you to Spencer Gift's for hiring me and allowing me to meet the man of my dreams. 

No comments:

Post a Comment