Our Family

Our Family
December 2013

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Aiden - 4 years later

Yesterday I finally wrote Aiden's birth story. Today I thought maybe I would catch up with what Aiden is like today.  Man, I really wish I had started this years ago to have somewhere to keep all kinds of memories...better late than never I suppose.

Dear Aiden,

4 years old. Wow! Did I really just say that?!?! If I close my eyes I can still imagine us in the hospital with you when you first arrived and it doesn't seem that long ago, certainly not 4 years ago!!

What a handsome and smart boy you have grown to be so far.  Nothing gets past you and you don't forget much so we really have to be careful with what we say, do, or promise to you because you have a great memory!! You can write your name now. It's really BIG and the letters aren't always in order, but as long as they're clumped somewhat close on the page, you're happy.  You are not interested in learning to write your letters. At. All.  Maybe someday soon.

You are very stubborn and hard headed and try to test us a lot.  I think I may know who you get that from, but I'm hoping you'll grow out of it very soon!

You love to play with Emma and she thinks you are so funny! I love to sit back and watch you two interact.  I especially love watching you try to calm her down if she's upset, even though sometimes you are the reason she's mad. 

You go to bed at 8:00 and insist that Daddy put you to bed every night.  You aren't the best sleeper and try to sneak into our room a couple times a night to sleep with us.  You're usually awake for the day between 6:30-7:00.  And then you only want Daddy.  You've even told me to go back to bed if I try and come downstairs with you guys.  No problem! :-)

The thing that you are into the most right now is Super Mario Brothers! We actually have to restrict this already at 4 years old because Mario is all you want to do!  We went to the zoo and you wanted to leave to go home and play Mario and you've even pretended you were sick at Aunt Kelly's one day to come home and play Mario.  How you learned that trick, I have no clue!  You had a Mario birthday party this year and whenever anyone wanted to know what to get you, Mario stuff was your answer. You still like Spongebob as well, but he's definitely taken a backseat to Mario.

You favorite things to eat are chicken nuggets, pancakes, yogurt, pizza, grilled cheese, french fries, and goldfish.  You'll still drink milk, but not nearly as much as you used to!  You love to play outside and like to swing, go in your pool, and go for walks around the neighborhood in the wagon. You got a bike for your birthday and you are doing such a good job riding it!!! You've learned to turn around all by yourself already! :-)  Hunter is still your best friend and we go over to his house once a week so Aunt Kelly and I can hang out you two can play together.  I hope that you two stay close super close as you grow older. 

You have gotten big so fast and it has been a joy to watch you grow and learn new things. We love you with all of our hearts and can't wait to see what this next year brings us.

Love You!

Mommy

Wahooo!!

You and Little Mario

Daddy got you!
Mario Aiden


Your current favorite toy
Picking strawberries

Twins
Ready for your Mario Party

Waiting for your friends to arrive to your party

Happy Birthday to you!

Brother & Sister on Aiden's birthday

Mommy and the Birthday Boy

3:13 p.m. - Exactly 4 years old

3:13 p.m. - Exactly 4 years old

Riding your new bike

Riding your new bike

Playing with Emma
 

No comments:

Post a Comment