Our Family

Our Family
December 2013

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Chelsey Has Arrived!

If you read my blog yesterday, you know that I got the text from Christy saying Chelsey was being delivered (yesterday).  I had talked to her on Saturday and she told me that she was still scheduled for her c-section on July 12th so I knew there had to be a reason that within 2 days things had moved up.  It was her blood pressure, it was pretty high so it was time for Chelsey to come out and meet all of us.

They told her it could be a few hours before it would happen because they already had a full schedule for the day.  I live an hour away from the hospital so I waited for my husband to get home, picked up my grandmother, and off we went because when it depends on her blood pressure we knew that "a few hours" could change to "right now" if it went up any higher!

When we got there we went up to see her and she seemed very relaxed and calm.  She was on Magnesium (since her bp was up to prevent seizures) so I think that helped to relax her.  She told us that she was given the time frame of 2:00-4:00pm.  And she almost made it at 4:00, but then an emergency came in and she was bumped. In fact once she finally made it to the operating room around 6:15 pm or so, she was told that she had been bumped 4 times. 

Chelsey Lyn (I hope I'm spelling that right! It could be Lynn. Sorry Christy!) was born at 6:47pm (I believe, if that's not right, it's close) and is just perfect at 6 lbs 4 oz and 20 inches long.  She has a head full of dark hair!

Christy did amazingly well and is glad she's finally here and will be super excited that right about now she's finally able to eat something after not eating since yesterday early morning! I bet that was the best meal she's tasted in a long time! :-)

It always amazes me just how tiny newborns are.  Her little head...sigh...pure sweetness!  I can't wait to get back up there and get my hands on her again.  And for all those around me at the time, I apologize in advance for keeping her all to myself!

Here's a couple pictures of Chelsey with her big brother, Jace.  He is in love. Christy said he asked her if they could keep her. :-) Let's hope he always thinks that!! He did let me hold her for a minute after I took these and then ask me if her could please have her back. 
Jace & Chelsey
Jace & Chelsey








Chelsey & I

Her dark hair
She's a thumb sucker already
Eating her fingers
I think she's shy! She kept her hands in her face the whole time!
Sweet baby girl
Gigi meeting Chelsey
Getting a little fussy
Everybody meeting Chelsey
 Happy Birthday Chelsey!! Welcome to the world!!

No comments:

Post a Comment