Our Family

Our Family
December 2013

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Family Pictures - Fall 2012

To say I love pictures is a bit of an understatement.  I have more memory cards laying around than I can count and I'll never be able to order all of the pictures that I take.  I think we'd need another house with an extra room that I could deem my picture room...hmmm, that's not a bad idea! I don't think there's ever been a time where I can just take one picture. No, I have to keep snapping away because I might catch another great one. And? I'm not one to delete a picture. Yes, it may be a horrible, blurry shot, but I just can't bring myself to delete it.  Well, unless I look fat and hideous, and then? No problem, give me that delete button!

The problem with taking so many pictures is that I'm not in very many of them, unless it's me holding the camera facing the kids and I. But I could probably count on one hand the amount of pictures we have with Patrick and I and the kids in it.  A friend of mine, had her girls' pictures done a couple of times by a lady that lives locally and I wondered if it would be something we could afford.  We've done the Sears and Penney's portraits and at the end of the day they are an arm and a leg (because I think I need every single one of them) and the last time we tried that Emma was terrified of the lady and her camera and she was not having it. At. All.  I was looking up the lady's site again and saw a friend of mine that I went to high school with had her maternity/family pictures done and I thought they were great! I decided to contact her and we set a date.

The most stressful part for me? Figuring out outfits for everyone. What colors should we wear? How do I do Emma's hair? Will she smile for the pictures? Will Aiden behave himself? Yeah, see, I get all kinds of stressed out.  I decided we'd go with brown's since Aubrey had an adorable outfit she just had to wear and brown fits into fall.  Done. After searching online and visiting a couple stores we were set.

Overall, the pictures went great! We got some family pictures that I love and a few of the kids that are fabulous! And Emma did great! By the end she was working that camera. :-)  I was a little bummed that Aubrey wasn't interested in getting any done by herself, but that's okay, I always have my camera handy and I'll get some. :-)  We will definitely be getting them done again!

Here are some of my favorites...yes, it's a lot...would you expect anything less from me? Now to try and narrow it down to place our order...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Thank you so much to our photographer, Rebecca Calvello!

No comments:

Post a Comment