Our Family

Our Family
December 2013

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Aiden's First Christmas Concert

Monday night, Aiden had his very first school concert. A Christmas concert. Yay! I love Christmas songs!! Just ask my kids, we've been listening to them for weeks! :-)

He brought home a list of the songs that Kindergarten was singing a few weeks ago with a note telling us to practice those songs.  Aiden is not a singer. Nope. I can't recall one time, other than when he was little, like 2 or 3, singing songs.  So our "practicing" consisted of me or Patrick belting it out and Aiden just staring at us like we needed some serious help! If we stopped at different points, he'd tell us what the next words were, but he would not sing them. He'd say it like it was a sentence. That boy!

He is definitely a kid that does not want people to look at him so I figured he wasn't going to like this whole concert thing one bit.  He'd be too worried that everyone was watching him. Yes, he gets it honestly! I was right, after the concert he told me that he didn't like it because of that very reason.  Our shy little guy. <3

He didn't seem too nervous or anxious before we left, in fact he looked quite handsome, if I say so myself!
 His sisters were pretty excited about going to watch him sing! :-)
 
When we got there he had to sit on the bleachers with his classmates to wait for the show to start.  You can see just how pumped he was...
However, the crowd was ready to hear our stars!
I did manage to catch a little smile when he noticed I was snapping pictures of him.  He should know that with me, the camera is always around!
It was finally time for the show to start! Here he is telling us that he sees us.
Each grade sang 3 songs.  Kindergarten sang Jolly Old St. Nicholas, 5 Little Snowmen, and We Wish you a Merry Christmas.  I think We Wish you a Merry Christmas was their favorite. It was the loudest anyway. And I even think Aiden sang some of the words.  :-)
 

 
 
 
 The kids did a fabulous job and I'd be lying if I said that I didn't get a little teary-eyed when they were all done.  He's getting so big, so fast!!
Kindergarten Christmas Concert 2012






No comments:

Post a Comment