Our Family

Our Family
December 2013

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Potty Time?

I'll admit, I've thought about starting potty training with Emma.  She's a smart girl and I know she totally gets when she needs to go to the bathroom.  I even attempted potty training for a couple of days at the end of my pregnancy with Aubrey.  It may have only been for an hour and then I quit, but, hey, I tried!

Since Aubrey arrived, it hasn't crossed my mind much. I've got plenty going on without stressing about the darn potty. Plus, Em's only 2.  Aiden wasn't interested in using the potty until he was 3, so I figure I've got time.

Last night after dinner, I found Emma running around in the living room butt naked, as she loves to do anymore. Whatever, no biggie. I told her that she better not pee on my floor and she better use the potty.  This is something I often say to her and she doesn't pee on the floor, but she doesn't pee on the potty either.  A little later, I was sitting down feeding Aubrey while Patrick was doing some work on the computer and here she came in the room saying she had to pee.  Yeah, right I thought, but I told her to grab her froggy potty.  She did and much to our surprise, she went!!! Yay Emma!!! M & M's were in order for a celebration.

This morning, I decided to let her run around with no bottoms on and she went again! On her own! I was in the kitchen getting dinner ready for the crockpot.

Could it be time to officially start the training?!  Yay Emma! Another proud Mommy moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment