Our Family

Our Family
December 2013

Friday, October 5, 2012

Things I've Learned...

...since having Baby #3.

1.  You will be able to split your love and attention into 3 ways.  (I was worried in the end of my pregnancy about how in the world I would be able to split my love and attention 3 ways with adding another kid to the mix.  Don't get me wrong, I knew I would absolutely love and adore Aubrey, but before she came we only had 2 little ones.  If the need be, my husband and I had a man on man situation going on.  With 3 we would be out numbered.  You just make it work and it's like the third baby has always been around.)

2.  You will never do so much laundry in your life.  Seriously! I like to stay on top of the laundry because Mommy only has so many outfits that fit her these days.  I used to be able to get away with just picking one day and doing it all day long.  Now? Heck no.  I'm doing at least one load every other day!

3.  Sleep when the baby is sleeping is a load of crap.  This might work for the parents that only have one child, but not for those of us who have a 2 year old running around.  Yes, my 2 year old still takes a nap (most days), but that's Mommy's free time and there's no way I'm giving that up to sleeping! Well, that and that's when Aubrey decides that she wants to be fed, held, or just be fussy.

4.  My kids are amazing!  I knew Aiden would be a great big brother because he already was to Emma.  I was worried about Emma becoming a big sister, however, because she tends to get a little jealous of Aiden if we're giving him snuggles and not her.  They both have adjusted to Aubrey's arrival so well and are both madly in love with her.  No jealousy issues thus far!! They do argue about who's going to hold Aubrey first, though. :-)

5.  Post pregnancy images in movies are bull.  In movies when girls have a baby they go home from the hospital looking fabulous with flat bellies.  In real life? Psh! Not even close!  I, of course, already knew this being it was baby #3, but I still hoped a miracle would happen.  It didn't.  Guess it's time to stop eating like crap.

6.  Your sweet little baby will be snoozing away...until she or he hears you preparing to cook dinner or smells your lunch.  I swear to you, Aubrey is napping every day when I'm ready to eat my lunch.  Then just as I go out to make it, she decides to wake up and she wants to eat first. Every. Time! And preparing dinner, yeah that's her favorite time to get fussy and want to be held.

7.  Babies refuse to smile every time you grab the camera!! Aubrey has started with the big gummy grins and they are adorable! The problem is that every time you grab the camera...she stops and just stares the camera down.  I've tried with both, my phone and my camera and she doesn't care, she's not having it.  One of these days, I will catch it head on!!

8. One of the sweetest sounds in the world is your little baby's first out loud giggles.  If that doesn't melt your heart, something is wrong with ya! The other day, I was tickling Aubrey's neck and she started laughing. Best. Sound. Ever.








No comments:

Post a Comment