Our Family

Our Family
December 2013

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

First Day of Kindergarten

Yesterday was a big day in our household.  It was an exciting day for Aiden, and a sad day for Mommy. Yesterday was Aiden's first day of school.  This was his official first time of leaving me and me not being able to be right there if need be.  Okay, who am I kidding, I'm like 2 minutes from the school and would run there before they finished their sentence on the phone if they needed me! But still when he went to daycare for that little bit of time, I worked there so I didn't feel like we were completely separated.

As I mentioned last week when we talked about him having to start school Monday, it didn't go well and he was not a happy camper.  I tried to make sure that I talked it up each day after that and how much fun he would have and what he might be doing at whatever time it happened to be.  By the time we went to meet his teacher on Friday, he was acting like he was pretty excited.  In fact, I would be lying if I said I wasn't slightly embarrassed by the way he was hopping, running, laying on the carpet when we were there.

Yesterday, he still seemed pretty excited. Me? Heck no! I didn't want him to leave me! He's supposed to be my baby. Forever.  But...there was no way I was going to ruin his excitement and possibly make him scared to go again so I sucked it up.  And?? He looks so stinking cute and grown up in his school uniform! Luckily for us, he gets to wear a lot of blue, which he loves.  Bonus! He was so excited that he had to put on his new shoes about 30 minutes we had to leave.
 
 
One of my favorite parts? He had to get his Baby Aubrey snuggles in before he could go. :-)
 Of course we needed our picture with him before we could let him go!
 
 
 Finally it was time to head to school!  Talk about anxiety! My stomach had been acting up all morning, but getting in the car to head to drop him off...shew! 
 
 Once we got in his room his teacher helped him find his cubby and put all his stuff where it needed to go.  He was still staying brave, but I could tell he was a little nervous because she asked him to choose a new folder and he immediately pointed to a purple one.  Now if you know Aiden, you know how he feels about the color blue...if it's blue, he loves it.  He's never said anything about purple, so I stepped in and told him that they had blue ones or even red, did he really want purple.  Yeah, he picked blue.  :-)
Watching their big brother get ready for his first day of kindergarten
 Then it was time to find his seat and play with blocks until the day officially started. When the bell rang, his teacher quickly pushed us parents on our way.  Aiden had no tears and told us bye and off we went.  And I was able to hold in the tears until we got to the car. 

Emma was a little confused about what the heck was going on.  She couldn't understand why Aiden wasn't leaving with us.  And when we got home she told me, "No drop Aiden off." :-( Poor girl lost her partner in crime.  I did find her upstairs playing in his room later on. 

When we went to pick him up at the end of the day he was still smiling and said he had fun! Yay! His first day was a success!



No comments:

Post a Comment