We went camping at Fort Whaley in the fall and the kids had fun and we really liked it. It was a small campground, but had things for us to do and it wasn't a bad price for a full hook up. We decided that we wanted to go camping while Aiden was on spring break and thought that would be a good place to go back to.
We left on the Tuesday after Easter and had a smooth trip down. Aubrey squealed most of the way because she was so excited to be sitting close to Aiden and Emma and she could even see out the back window.
Then it was time to head inside for a snack while Daddy finished up getting the camper all ready for our stay.
We finally got the kids to bed and it was just too late to worry about a fire so we settled in to watch tv and relax. We were hanging out on the couch when we heard a pop and GUSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. More. Water. Everywhere. This time it was coming from the cabinet where the kitchen sink was, with all the games in the camper and also just so perfectly lead to where all of Aubrey's clothes were. Yeah. You can't make this stuff up. Patrick jumped up and started to try and do something to stop the water, while I'm yelling, but trying not to wake the kids up, "what do we do?" I yelled at him to go turn the water off. As he did I'm trying to get under there to stop the water, like I'm going to be able to cover a little hole with my finger and it'll work. Meanwhile the water is spraying me all in the face and it's just everywhere. I think we both almost cried at this point. We grabbed the only towels we had left to soak this flood up and then try to set all the games out to dry and also hang every bit of Aubrey's clothing to dry.
Patrick tried his hardest to get the fires going, but it was so windy and the wood was wet so that just didn't happen this trip. At least he got them going long enough to cook dinner on!
On Thursday to venture out the cold wind we took a trip to Ocean City and went to an indoor mini golf place. That was really fun! And Patrick won a free game by getting his ball in the oyster!
|I had just caught Aiden dancing the Gangham Style on the picnic table|
I should also mention that after that first disastrous first day, the second night when we were there Patrick woke up around 1 am and it was freezing. One of the tanks ran out of propane and he had to go out and switch it over to the other tank and it took a little while for it to finally catch. Then the third morning we were there, I went to turn the water on and nothing, the hose had frozen so I had to go up to the bathhouse for water for coffee and shower there in the freezing cold air.
Yeah, it was definitely a memorable trip. Hopefully our camping bad luck is over for the year...