Our Family

Our Family
December 2013

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Kids Pictures

I LOVE pictures! If you could see all the pictures in my house, you would know how true this statement is! 

My husband and I took the kids and got their individual pictures and a few family pictures done back when Emma was 3 months old.  She's now almost 14 months old and we haven't been back since. 

The problem...the stress of the perfect outfit! Ahhhhh! I know it shouldn't be that big of a deal but for some reason I make it one.  Just thinking about what is she going to wear or what's Aiden going to wear is enough to stress me out and make me say, "Forget it! I'll worry about it later!"  Is this the only thing that stresses me about picture time, no.  I always worry about how the kids are going to behave.  Aiden is in his "I don't have to listen to you" phase so I'm worried about him behaving or misbehaving in public, pretty much.  And Emma doesn't get away from us often so I'm worried that all her pictures will end up being horrible because there's a stranger in the room and she can't be right next to us. (Which often results in a screaming fit) Also keeping them entertained after the session so we can go through all the pictures and pick out the ones we need to have and, of course, I think I need them ALL!!  Now you can see why we haven't been back in 11 months!

I could probably solve all this stress (but the outfits) if we had a private session with a professional photographer and go to a location, but that's just not realistic for us (as much as I would LOVE that!).  I just need to suck it up and get it done!  So maybe after our vacation, on a day Patrick is home, we'll see how it goes!

And I've thought about it for so long that I might even have an outfit picked out for each of the kids!  Aiden is probably going to go with a Polo shirt and khaki shorts he got for his birthday (at least for his 4 year old picture).  Here's the shirt:

For Emma, I'm thinking either her Easter dress (if it still fits) or a yellow dress she got for her birthday.  It's a little fancier than every day wear so it could be perfect for pictures. 
Easter Dress:


Or the yellow dress:

New problem, if we get their picture done together, it doesn't match so I'll need to see if he has a yellow shirt to match her or if she can wear something to match him.  Or maybe they could both change and do her in one of these outfits (probably the 2nd one) and do a blue or white polo shirt for him.



I know it shouldn't be that be of a deal but I stress over these things! I'll let you know how it goes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment